There are the differences between pies and puddings:
- Pies are cooked in not deep pans which are rarely taller than about 5 cm. Puddings are cooked in deep tall bowls .
- The dough for a pies consists flour, fat, salt, pepper and cold water. For pudding dough the fat is replaced with beef suet and used self-raising flour.
- Pies are cooked in the oven. Puddings cooked steamed.
- 400 g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp each salt and pepper
- 200 g beef suet, grated or chopped
- 1 kg rump steak
- 250 g veal kidney
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbs flour
- 4 tbs chopped onions
- 125 ml port or strong ale
- 125 ml beef stock
- 2 tbs Worcestershire sauce